In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our cheerful and energetic team members!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Candi Richeson
Position: Cheerleading Department Leader,
Team Spirit Department Leader
Tenure: 1 Year
- Where is your favorite place to be?
At the Beach!
- What is your favorite thing to do?
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
London with UCA Cheerleaders to perform in New Year’s Day Parade.
- What is the most interesting job you’ve ever had?
Coaching the Cheerleaders at University of Florida. GO GATORS!
- What does true leadership mean to you?
A true leader surrounds themselves with great people!
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I was a gymnast before I was a cheerleader.
- How did you first get involved with Sun Country?
Started Eclipse All-Stars with Linda and Jodi in 2001.
- What is your earliest or fondest memory at Sun Country?
I came to camp at Sun Country/Browns from Tampa in the 4th grade to train in gymnastics.
- Did anyone influence your decision to work in a Cheerleading program?
The All-Star Cheer coach in Tampa recruited me for his team while I was at High School Track Practice. I never knew all the doors it would open for me!
- What do you wish other people knew about Cheer?
That is a wonderful team sport that allows girls to grow in athleticism, but also gain confidence!
- What would you tell someone who is considering joining/working in a Cheer program?
Try it!!! You may find out you love to cheer!
- What do you enjoy most as the Director of a Cheerleading program?
Working with such amazing children and watching them develop and grow each and every week.
- What the most interesting thing that you have done as part of a Cheerleading program?
I have had the opportunity to work with members of the International Olympic Committee to help Competitive Cheerleading become an Olympic Sport.
- How might someone describe you?
- Do you have a nickname? How did it originate?
My real name is Candis but my dad gave me the nick name Candi.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An Olympic Gymnast.
- If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
Wonder Woman and the ability to be in two places at once.
- What is the first concert you attended?
- What is your guilty pleasure book, movie or TV show?
This is US!
A big thank you to Coach Candi for taking the time to answer our questions! If you ever happen to see her around the gym, feel free to share a smile and say hello! We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!