In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our most delightful and gracious team members!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Rebecca Jockers
Position: Dance Instructor,
Sunny’s Sports Pre-School, FUNrichment After-School and Camp Sunny Counselor
Tenure: 10 Years (since 2007)
1. What three traits define you?
Friendliness, loyalty, compassion.
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Do what makes you happy and always find a time to dance.
3. Where is your favorite place to be?
4. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
Colorado for the mountains and the Florida Keys for the beaches.
5. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Life doesn’t always go the way you planned, but as long as you’re happy, everything will be fine.
6. How did you first get involved with Sun Country?
I started working at Sun Country during my senior year of high school as a dance instructor.
7. What has surprised you most about working with children?
How much I learn from them.
8. What do you wish other people knew about Dance?
That dance is for everyone! You just have to find which style makes you move.
9. What do you enjoy most as an instructor of a Dance program?
I love spreading my knowledge and love of dance to my students.
10. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
I love to enjoy a good movie or TV show on the couch, lounging with my cat and dog.
11. Do you have a nickname? How did it originate?
Lil’ Bit. It was given to me by Miss Judy and my dance class because I was the smallest and the youngest in the class.
12. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A dancer, veterinarian, actress, or meteorologist.
13. If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be?
Mac and cheese because I love pasta and I love cheese.
14. What is your guilty pleasure book, movie or TV show?
My guilty pleasure book is Harry Potter.
15. If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
I would be a dog because I would love to spend my days being loved by a family.