In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our most joyful and enthusiastic team members!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Alison Robbins
Position: Gym Bus Department Leader, Preschool and Rainbow Gymnastics
Tenure: 6 Months
- What three traits define you?
Persistence, High energy, Empathy.
- What is your personal philosophy?
Where you come from doesn’t define you, what you make yourself and how you treat others does.
- What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Food of any kind!
- Where is your favorite place to be?
With family and friends.
- What is your favorite thing to do?
Watch real housewives of anything… guilty!
- What does true leadership mean to you?
Being willing to guide others by supporting and providing them with quality tools and resources. Listening to what they have to say and working with, not against them.
- What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
You will learn to love yourself in time, don’t give up.
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I have been in a lot of musicals and have played the wicked witch 4 times!
- How did you first get involved with Sun Country?
My beautiful theater friend Tova works there and that’s how I heard about the job! Best choice I have made!
- What has surprised you most about working with children?
How much they teach you in return about yourself and patience.
- If you could change one thing about teaching gymnastics, what would it be?
More time with students to teach each event.
- What do you enjoy most as the Gym Bus Department Leader?
Going out to different schools and seeing the excited kids when “Gym Bus” is here! So cute.
- What can you tell us about Sun Country that no one else may know?
I think all people know this, but it is one of the most positive, happy, loving work places I have ever known. Everyone is so cool!
- How might someone describe you?
Super silly and goofy but also a very hard worker.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A Broadway Star! Still do in my mind.
- What is on your bucket list?
To see historical landmarks in other countries! I still haven’t left America once.
- What is the first concert you attended?
- If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you?