In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our most caring and good-natured team members!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Angela Habeck
Position: Preschool Department Leader, Afterschool Director and DCF Director
Tenure: 3 Years
- What is your personal philosophy?
- What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
- Where is your favorite place to be?
- What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
It’s going to be okay!
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I am a co-owner of Do Art Pottery and Art Studio.
- What is your earliest or fondest memory at Sun Country?
I first came to Sun Country before I moved back to Florida, 13 years ago, for my niece’s 3 year old birthday party!
- What has surprised you most about working with children?
I am continually learning. Sometimes the students teach me just as much as I teach them.
- If you could change one thing about teaching Preschool, what would it be?
I wish that early childhood education was based more on play and less on academics. However, I do see a shift in current research and programming, which makes me hopeful!
- What do you wish other people knew about Preschool?
These are such important years! Children are learning how to interact with the world, and we should be treating them with as much kindness and respect that we expect back.
- What do you enjoy most as the Director of a Preschool program?
Watching children learn new skills and gain confidence in themselves.
- How might someone describe you?
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A zoologist or marine biologist.
- If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
Never ending energy!
- What is the first concert you attended?
Menudo, when I was 8 or 9.
- What is your guilty pleasure book, movie or TV show?
A big thank you to Ms. Angela for taking the time to answer our questions! If you ever happen to see her around the gym, feel free to share a smile and say hello! We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!