In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of newest additions to Rainbow Gymnastics and the Tramp & Tumble Team!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Katie Schlenker
Position: Rainbow Gymnastics Coach, Tramp & Tumble Team Co-Coach
Tenure: >1 Year
1. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Music, and the joy in seeing my favorite band live.
2. What does true leadership mean to you?
To me, it means listening more than speaking.
3. Where is your favorite place to be?
A Young Life camp!
4. What might someone be surprised to know about you?
My dream job is to work in Aerospace Medicine at NASA!
5. What is your earliest / fondest memory at Sun Country?
I got to come to Sun Country for a Saturday field trip with my gymnastics team in Ocala on my birthday, and that was the day I did my first back full in tumbling and Suk on vault!
6. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
7. What do you wish other people knew about gymnastics?
How it is not only physically difficult, but mentally as well!
8. What is on your bucketlist?
Going to the airport with no plan, buying the cheapest ticket, and going on a random, spontaneous adventure!
9. What was the first concert you attended?
A band called Needtobreathe
10. What is your guilty pleasure book, movie or TV show?
I love to read poetry, and have poems scattered around my room at all times!
A big thank you to Katie for taking the time to answer our questions!
If you ever happen to see her around the gym, feel free to share a smile and say hello.
We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!