In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our most friendly and committed team members!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Lexi Langieri
Position: Swim Department Leader
Tenure: 6 Years
1. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
Being a mother!
2. Where is your favorite place to be?
Sunday morning, drinking coffee, cuddling with my family and pets.
3. What is the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
4. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
A skydiving instructor!
5. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Take your time and you’ll get where you want to be eventually.
6. What is your earliest memory at Sun Country?
Doing gymnastics classes as a child.
7. What do you wish other people knew about Swimming or Swim Team?
It’s HARD and takes time to master!
8. What do you enjoy most as the Director of a Swim program?
Watching students come into the program, completely afraid of the water and teaching them to develop their sense of independence while learning a life-saving skill.
9. What can you tell us about Sun Country that no one else may know?
It is one of the best places I have ever worked for. It is so family centered, towards its customers and its employees. All of the staff become friends with one another, and then we all just turn into one big family.
10. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
Studying and watching TV.
11. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A marine veterinarian.
12. What is on your bucket list?
Try anchovies, visit Alaska, Hawaii and some glow worm caves!
13. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
Be able to learn something after only hearing/reading it the first time.
14. What is your guilty pleasure book, movie or TV show?
15. If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
A tree frog. I love their coloration and how tranquil they sound.
A big thank you to Coach Lexi for taking the time to answer our questions! If you ever happen to see her around the gym, feel free to share a smile and say hello! We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!