Name: Tara Suter
Member since 2016
1) How long have you been climbing and how did you get started?
I got started climbing in 2014 when I spontaneously decided to join some friends on a climbing trip to Crowders Mountain, North Carolina the weekend before finals. I climbed on and off throughout college, mainly going outdoors. About 2.5 years ago I finally caved and got a membership at the Edge to start climbing more consistently.
2) If you had to choose to do only sport climbing or bouldering for the rest of your life, what would you choose and why?
If I had to choose between sport climbing and bouldering, that’s a no brainer for me. Anyone who knows me knows rope climbing is my favorite. Some of my favorite routes I’ve been on are long sport and trad routes such as Irene’s Arete in the Tetons and Snake Dike in Yosemite!
3) What is the worst climbing injury you’ve ever had?
I haven’t had a climbing injury, thankfully. Knock on wood…
4) What is your favorite place to climb outside?
My favorite place to climb outside is the Red River Gorge. The climbing campground and pizza make for an unmatched combo.
5) What activities do you like to do aside from climbing?
I am in graduate school for occupational therapy and that seems to take over most of my time currently in my free time I really enjoy biking and playing board games. I recently got into back country skiing with my boyfriend, Teddy. When I graduate I plan to move out west to Salt Lake City, Utah, so I can get outside for more climbing and skiing!
Thank you Tara for taking the time to catch up with us, stay tuned as we get to know more of the climbers in our community!