In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our most genuine and fun team members!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Greg Weller
Position: USA Gymnastics Boys Department Leader
Tenure: 10 Years
1. What threes traits define you?
Charm, Ability, and Self-Confidence.
2. What is one thing you cannot resist?
3. Where is you favorite place to be?
On the Santa Fe River… It’s quite and peaceful. Great place to getaway.
4. What does true leadership mean to you?
It’s all about developing people and helping others reach their full potential.
5. What do you wish other people knew about men’s gymnastics?
How challenging and progressive the sport of gymnastics is! It’s the basis of all sports. It takes a decade or more to truly master the sport.
6. What do you enjoy most as the director of a gymnastics program?
All the freedom I have to make the most important decisions, from how to teach my skill curriculum to what order to teach it in, and coming up with the best plan of attack to have my athletes become successful in gymnastics and all aspects of life.
7. What do you find most challenging about your work?
Kids are like a box of chocolates… you never know what you’re going to get.
8. What is on your bucket list?
Taking my mountain bike on the trails of Whistler, Canada.
9. What is your fondest memory in gymnastics?
Achieving an athletic scholarship to Temple University.
10. What’s the first concert you attended?
A big thank you to Coach Greg for taking the time to answer our questions! If you ever happen to see him around the gym, feel free to share a smile and say hello! We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!