In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our wonderful Team Members who wears a TON of hats!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Sarah Chrest
Position: Tramp & Tumble Team Head Coach, Rainbow Gymnastics Co-Director, Sunny’s Preschool Counselor, Ninja Coach
Tenure: 3 Years
1. What three traits define you?
Adventurous, Exuberant and Kind!
2. What is your greatest fear?
Failing my daughter, Kinslee
3. What is your favorite thing to do?
In the last year or so, I fell in love with photography. I love to photograph sporting events for my siblings, maternity sessions for pregnant mommy friends, nature, and of course, my daughter doing basically anything!
4. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
You are enough. Perfection is impossible.
5. What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I have hearing loss in both of my ears and should wear a hearing aid, but no thanks!
6. What has surprised you most about working with children?
How much I have fallen in love with it! I always thought I would end up working in an office somewhere as a therapist, I hadn’t planned on working with kids when I was growing up. But, once I started I realized this is what I’m meant to do.
7. What would you tell someon ewho is consdering joining/working in youth sports?
It is one of the most rewarding things you will do! Your smile and your presence is for some children, the best part of the week! And, when you see how happy they get to be here and to see you, it will make everything worth it!
8. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
The typical things, a lawyer at one point, a marine biologist, a veterinarian. But the one thing I NEVER watnted to be was a doctor. I am terrified of needles and I cannot imagine having to work with them everyday. It’s like my worst nightmare!
9. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpower(s) to be?
I want to be able to read minds so that when the kids I coach need help, but don’t say anything, I wold know that they need help with something!
10. What is your guilty pleasure book, movie or TV show?
Criminal Minds! I have seen every episode at least 5 times. There’s just never a bad time to watch it!
A big thank you to Sarah for taking the time to answer our questions!
If you ever happen to see her around the gym, feel free to share a smile and say hello.
We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!