In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our amazing Rainbow Gymnastics Coaches!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Chelsea Wagner
Position: Rainbow Gymnastics, Celebration Squad
Tenure: <1 year
- What is your greatest fear?
Jellyfish! They may look cool but when they sting you when you’re swimming in the ocean, they aren’t so cool anymore.
- Where is your favorite place to be?
Sun Country Sports Center 😉 or laying near a nice beach or pool.
- What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Food: literally and figuratively. Whether I am traveling or just here in Gainesville, I find the best spots to eat!
- What is your personal philosophy?
“After a hurricane comes a rainbow.” There is always something positive coming your way so just be happy and take whatever life throws at you!
- What would you most likely to tell yourself at age 13?
I would tell myself to start developing better habits! Things like eating better and to stop taking so many naps, it’s almost 8 years later and nothing has changed.
- What has surprised you most about working with children?
I was surprised at how outspoken kids are. They say whatever is on their mind and it’s really funny.
- What do you wish other people knew about gymnastics?
I wish other people knew that it is a really hard sport that takes determination and drive. (And it’s just not about being flexible!!)
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a mountain climber and one day climb Mount Everest and literally be on top of the world. At that time, I didn’t know how difficult and dangerous that climbing the tallest mountain would actually be.
- If you could share a meal with anyone in all of history, who would it be?
Walt Disney. He was such an inspiration and created one of my favorite places!
- What is on your bucket list?
Attending the Super Bowl and visit as many different countries that I can!
A big thank you to Chelsea for taking the time to answer our questions!
If you ever happen to see her around West, feel free to share a smile and say hello.
We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!