In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our Rockin’ Rockwall Instructors!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Maris Silvestri
Department: Sun Country Rocks!
Tenure: <1 year
- What three traits define you?
I would describe myself as hard working, organized and fun!
- What is one thing you can’t resist?
A challenging slab climb.
- What is your favorite thing to do?
Rock Climb, of course!
- How did you get involved at Sun Country?
I started rock climbing here, and thought it would be a great place to work, and hey, I was right!
- What has surprised you the most about working with children?
I’m always surprised at how fast kids learn and grow
- What do you enjoy most as a Rock Climbing Coach?
I love seeing the kids develop their skills and strength as climbers.
- If you could be any animal in the world, which animal would you be?
I would be a Mountain Goat; they live on the edge and climb mountains their whole life.
- If you were a type of food, what would you be?
I think I’d be some type of fruit.
- What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Breakfast foods. Hands down.
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
I backpacked around New Zealand for several weeks. The landscapes were breathtaking and the people I met there made it the best experience I’ve ever had.
A big thank you to Ms. Maris for taking the time to answer our questions!
If you ever happen to see her around West, feel free to share a smile and say hello.
We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!