In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our amazing Afterschool Staff!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Dallas Bowen
Position: Afterschool, Camp Sunny
Tenure: 1 year
- What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Probably a very generic answer but now that I have him; I could not live without my puppy! Yeti has changed my life and taught me true patience and unconditional love.
- What does true leadership mean to you?
True leadership to me means being someone that others look up to. It also means trusting your team and the people around you to do the same in your absence.
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
Many people don’t know that I was adopted. Although I’m 21 now, my grandparents legally adopted me when I was 14 years old and it was the best thing they could have ever done for me! They are my best friends.
- What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
I would tell my younger self to take every opportunity that comes my way without hesitation. I would also tell myself to get in the field of childcare earlier.
- What has surprised you most about working with children?
The personality each of these children has is what surprised me the most. It’s amazing to see these little people turn into amazing human beings.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I have always wanted to be a teacher. It’s my dream to teach young minds!
- What is on your bucket list?
My bucket list consists of stepping outside of my comfort zone! For my 20th birthday, I completed the highest skydive in the United States. I plan to continue those outrages trips and do things I never imagined myself doing.
- What is your guilty pleasure book, movie or TV show?
I am a huge Stephen King fan. I wish I had more time to read but I do when I get the chance.
- If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
I would most definitely be a bird so I can see the world from in the sky.
- What would you tell someone who is considering joining/working in youth sports?
I would strongly encourage anyone to come teach youth sports. I do believe it takes a special person to work with kids, so GO FOR IT!
A big thank you to Dallas for taking the time to answer our questions!
If you ever happen to see her around West, feel free to share a smile and say hello.
We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!