In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our sweet Pre-School teachers!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Joshua Willoughby
Position: Sunny’s Pre-School, Afterschool, Stay & Play
Tenure: <1 year
- What is your Personal Philosophy?
A: “Be Better than what Bothers You”. I use it with the kids, but I often find myself remembering it for my own sake as well.
- Where is your favorite place to be?
A: Home. I love to travel, but coming home is by far the best part of any trip.
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
A: Despite my outward personality when I’m at work, I’m actually terribly introverted. I’ve always been that way, but something about working with kids brings out energy from reserves I didn’t even know I had.
- How did you first get involved at Sun Country?
A: A very close friend and talented gym coach told me that she thought I would be a good fit. I applied and came in for a tour and was sold immediately. (And we’re so glad Coach Alison did!)
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
A: I’m a huge nerd. I love movies and comic books. I collect action figures and play video games.
- Do you have a nickname? How did it originate?
A: I do! J-Bomb. I got it in middle school for my raging temper. I would “go off” like a bomb. Still use it to this day. Friends, Family and the kids at work all use it. Obviously nowadays the meaning isn’t the same, but I like to just think of it like I’m the bomb. Whether that’s actually the case or not is still up in the air.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A cartoonist or a voice actor for cartoons. I was really big into animation and character design.
- If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
A: Eye Lasers. No deep reason behind it, I just think it would be a cool power.
- What is your guilty pleasure book, movie, or TV show?
A: Shark Tank. I have no interest in business investments but for some reason I can’t get enough.
- What is your greatest fear?
A: Giant Squids. I am 100% serious
A big thank you to Joshua for taking the time to answer our questions!
If you ever happen to see him around West, feel free to share a smile and say hello.
We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!