In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our fantastic Counselors!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Samantha Chrest
Department: Camp Sunny, Afterschool, Birthday Parties
Tenure: <1 year
- What three traits define you?
I would describe myself as having a bubbly personality, I’m very personable, and responsible!
- What is one thing you can’t resist?
I could never resist chocolate ice cream.
- Where is your favorite place to be?
Anywhere with my family!
- How did you get involved at Sun Country?
My older sister, Coach Sarah, works here and told me there was an opening. And I am so glad she did!
- What has surprised you the most about working with children?
I used to think I was short tempered, but working with kids has proven otherwise!
- How would someone describe you?
I’m very giggly and always in a good mood!
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not at work?
I enjoy spending time with my sisters and my niece.
- Do you have a nickname? How did it originate?
My preschool teacher used to call me Sammy Doodle, and my family still does.
- If you had a superpower, what would it be?
I would love the ability to read minds!
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I’m fluent in sign language!
A big thank you to Miss Sam for taking the time to answer our questions!
If you ever happen to see her around West, feel free to share a smile and say hello.
We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!