NOW ENROLLING FOR FALL 2019!
At Sunny’s Pre-school, we provide an active and engaging environment for kids (ages 2.5-5 and potty trained) to discover and learn! We believe that children learn best when activities are play-based and child-centered. By combining fun fitness and sports with a complete academic curriculum, our goal is to meet the needs of all children in our program.
We strive to foster a respectful environment where children can express their needs and feelings in a safe way. We focus on compassion for one another, how to take responsibility for ourselves, and how to communicate effectively.
We offer the materials and guidance while the children do what they do best: learn through recreation and exploration!
What makes our program one-of-a-kind is our expansive multi-purpose facility and the unique activities that it allows. We provide opportunities for exciting free play, structured fitness and sports activities. At Sunny’s Pre-school, we run, jump, climb, and tumble every day!
All our teachers are college educated and have extensive experience with young children. They are also knowledgeable in all the equipment that we use, making sure that our students stay safe while being active.
ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Rock Climbing
- Nina Zone
- Bounce Houses
- Outdoor Playground
- Collaborative Games
- and more!
Young children need guidance and support as they learn positive ways to interact with those around them. We support this development by actively helping children through conflicts in a way that takes everybody’s needs into consideration.
We strive to give our young artists many opportunities to express themselves. We focus on process art – we emphasize the creative process rather than any particular finished product. The children direct their own creative process.
Our science curriculum is all about discovery and exploration of the world around us. We do a variety of exciting science experiments as well as sensory play where children make discoveries on their own.
We provide a print-rich environment where children see and interact with words and letters all day long. In addition to daily experiences with books we sing songs, tell stories, and learn poems and chants.
Our literacy activities support:
- Phonological Awareness: This vital tool encompasses a variety of individual skills, including rhyming, alliteration, segmenting words, counting syllables in words and more
- Alphabet Knowledge: Recognizing upper and lowercase letters and learning the sounds those letters make
- The concept of words in print
- Early writing and letter formation
Children need to develop a variety of different skills before they can understand concepts like addition and subtraction. Our program focuses on development of a variety of number sense skills, such as:
- Rote counting: Counting from 1 to 10 (or higher!) – Rote counting is the memorization of the numbers, repeated like a poem or song
- One-to-one correspondence: The ability to match one object to one number or object
- Rational counting
- Numeral recognition
- Understand basic shapes
- Measuring: We start by measuring things with non-traditional measurements (pencils, hands, feet, etc.) and then move to traditional measurements (inches, cups, etc.)
- Patterning: Learning to form increasingly complex patterns is an important skill for science, math and reading skill development
Healthy snacks are provided daily. Please send your child with a water bottle and lunch if staying past 12:00pm.