In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our most enthusiastic and dedicated team members!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Tova Blasberg
Position: Camps / Afterschool / Groups Department Leader
Tenure: 2 Years
1. What three traits define you?
Dedicated, Enthusiastic and Fun
2. What is your personal theme song?
It’s a tie between “Walking on Sunshine” and “Party in the USA”.
3. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
4. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
5. What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I’m caffeine free!
6. What is your earliest memory at Sun Country?
I have very vivid memories of the day I interviewed. It was like the scene in “Annie” when she walks into the Warbucks mansion and starts singing “I think I’m going to like it here.”
7. What do you enjoy most as the Director of a Recreational Camp program?
Helping children learn to love themselves.
8. What do you wish other people knew about Camps?
Camp is an opportunity to teach kids how to function in a positive community. The interpersonal skills learned at camp are very valuable.
9. What would you tell someone who is considering joining/working in a recreational camp program?
It’s more than a job.
10. If you were not an employee at Sun Country, what would you be doing instead?
Maybe go back to working for Disney World.
11. What is your fondest memory in the camp program?
Watching our kids put on a talent show. They made me so proud. How amazing that they felt safe enough to perform in front of such a big group. I was equally impressed with the supportive audience of children cheering on their friends!
12. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
To put more hours in the day!!!
13. If you could share a meal with anyone in all of history, who would it be?
14. If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be?
Well, a taco!
15. What is your guilty pleasure book, movie or TV show?
A big thank you to Ms. Tova for taking the time to answer our questions! If you ever happen to see her around the gym, feel free to share a smile and say hello! We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!