Sun Country Sports Center® is accepting applications for an administrator with responsibilities in competitive sports administration and customer service. Sun Country is home to USA Gymnastics Women’s and Men’s Developmental Program teams, an AAU Gymnastics Women’s Xcel team and a USA Climbing Rock Wall team that travel throughout the US during Fall and Spring competitive seasons.
- Position Title: Team Administrator
- Department: Front Desk / Customer Service
- Reports to: Office Department Leader, Directors of Operations
- Position Level: Full Time Staff Member
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The administrator will perform a variety of bookkeeping and organizational tasks. Duties include coordinating travel arrangements with coaches, coordinating team uniforms, managing competitive team administrative activities, communicating competition information with athletes’ families, maintaining appropriate filing systems, and providing customer service for all Sun Country programs at our West location.
Full-time schedule. Sun Country is open 7 days per week, and this position requires weekend availability.
Essential Job Functions
- Writes and distributes email & social media announcements for parent communication
- Coordinates and tracks travel for competitive team coaches
- Prepares travel expense reports in Microsoft Excel
- Communicates clearly with customers and employees via email, phone & in person
- Maintains current filing system
- Processes program enrollments
- Manages accounts payable
- Performs other duties as assigned by Department Leaders and Directors of Operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of customer service best practices
- Knowledge of basic competitive gymnastics & rock-climbing competitive logistics
- Skill in speaking, reading comprehension and active listening in the English language
- Skill in complex problem solving, evaluation of options and implementation of solutions
- Skill in operating office and technological equipment and software, including cloud-based database systems and Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, in particular)
- Ability to work independently toward personal and organizational goals
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to complete multiple tasks at once
- Ability to organize daily activities and to work as a team player
Education, Experience and Certification
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience in accounting, customer service, and professional use of Microsoft Windows and Office applications
- Level 2 fingerprint background screening (within 2 weeks of hire)
- CPR / 1st Aid / AED certification (within 30 days of hire)
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in recreation, sports management, childcare or related fields
- Previous experience in gymnastics or sports administration
- Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read from a computer screen and written reports
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and employees
- Hand Function: Must be able to write, type and use technological office equipment
- Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up files and access drawers near to the floor
- Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about the facility and walk at a fast pace for up to 1 minute over varying levels of gym flooring in an emergency
- Lifting: Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
Normal working conditions absent extreme factors. Offices are located inside our multi-sport facility, and is a fast-pace, dynamic work environment. Sun Country is open 7 days per week, excluding major holidays, and provides customer service anytime business is open.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays, jury duty and bereavement
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement plan with matching contributions
- Company Contribution Group Health Insurance
- Company paid Direct Primary Care membership
- Paid training, continuing education and certifications
Culture and Values
Sun Country Sports Center® has been a family-owned Gainesville area business for over thirty years. We are a multi-program family and youth sports center whose mission is for every person to feel better about themselves when they walk out of our doors than they do when they walk in. Our core values are safety, caring, sports and community.
Sun Country is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement, and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
To apply, please visit click the link below. Upon individual request, we will endeavor to remove any barrier to the application process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Candidates without computer access may apply in person at our main office, where a computer will be provided.
Compensation: $15 – $20 per hour based on education and related experience
Remote Available: No
Job Location: 333 SW 140th TER, Jonesville, FL 32669