In this edition of Staff Features, we catch up with one of our peppy Cheer and Ninja coaches!
Read on to gain an insider’s perspective and fascinating insight into the life of a true
Sun Country Superstar!
Name: Kaitlyn Kaufmann
Position: Cheer Coach, Ninja Coach
Tenure: 2 Years
1. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Definitely my dogs, Bear and Buster. I love them!
2. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
Chick-Fil-A. Sundays are the worst day of the week. LOL!
3. Where is your favorite place to be?
The beach. I love the sounds of the waves, the feeling of the sand between my toes, and the salty sea.
4. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
Guatemala, because I was able to help those in need. It was eye opening how beautiful it is.
5. How did you first get involved with Sun Country?
When I first started cheerleading when I was only 5 years old. I love Sun Country, and working with kids is the most entertaining job, for sure! I never knew how energetic and funny they could be. It’s been so much fun.
6. What’s on your bucket list?
I want to travel somewhere crazy in Asia.
7. What do you wish other people knew about gymnastics?
How long it actually takes to build the skills. We try our best to build a solid foundation, and sometimes that takes awhile, so you don’t always get to immediately start flipping around. We want to make sure you’re doing it correctly and safely. And that takes time!
8. If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
I would definitely be a dog, because mine are spoiled. Also because dogs get to sleep all day long, and if I’m not working, I’m sleeping. LOL!
9. What was the first concert you attended?
10. Do you have a nickname? How did it originate?
Yes, Kaitlyn the Camel! I got it when I was younger because I liked camels, and it rhymes with my name 🙂
A big thank you to Kaitlyn for taking the time to answer our questions!
If you ever happen to see her around the gym, feel free to share a smile and say hello.
We hope to see you back again next month as we continue learning more about our hard-working Sun Country Staff!