Camp Sunny - Summer Camp
Camp Sunny is the area’s BEST summer camp, featuring a family-like community and a wide range of exciting sports. Kids will make new friends, share new adventures, and try new activities each day of camp! Camp Sunny provides children an opportunity to learn, socialize and stay active while also incorporating unique fitness opportunities.
Our facility is safe and climate controlled; the program is COA-accredited. We strive to maintain a low child-to-counselor ratio. Camps are flexible, running on a full-time, part-time or even hourly basis!
ABOUT CAMP SUNNY JR.
Available for ages 2.5 – 5 years (must be potty trained)
Camp Sunny Jr. provides young children with a variety of structured fitness and sports activities with ample time for free play. Junior campers enjoy great physical fitness activities, games and fun in a program that is tailored specifically to their age and development level! Our staff is experienced in working with preschool age children.
Junior campers do not go on field trips or into our pool; however, we offer a fun water day (weather permitting) every week. Junior campers staying past 12:30 pm must bring their own lunch as we do not have purchased lunch options for this age. Naptime is also available for full day campers.
Our junior program is licensed by the Department of Children and Families.
Our license number is: C09AL0013
ABOUT CAMP SUNNY
Available for kindergarten – 7th Grade
Camp Sunny provides children with an even larger variety of structured fitness and sports activities including, Gymnastics, Trampoline, Cheerleading, Dance, Ninja, Swimming, Rock Climbing and more. We include all kinds of creative tasks to help children appreciate the joys of living, learning and staying active! Field Trips and Special Guests are included, allowing kids to experience all the remarkable things Gainesville offers – free of charge.
Make sure to also ask about our Apprentice Program option for children grades 7-10!
(May vary depending on age and availability)
- Martial Arts
- Rock climbing
- Tennis (Not available for Junior campers)
- Fencing (Not available for Junior campers)
- Soccer (available only for Junior campers)
- Obstacle courses
- Foam pits
- Arts and crafts
- Creative group games
- Outdoor playground
- and more!
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy snacks
- Excellent supervision
- Low student-to-counselor ratios
- All counselors are background checked, CPR/First Aid and Safety Certified
ABOUT OUR FACILITY
Our Jonesville location covers 45,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, including our swimming pool. The facility is climate controlled, with six separate gyms including: two in-ground training pits, two in-ground trampolines, two Tumble Trak’s, a 64’ power tumbling rod floor and many other gymnastics equipment. Our 32’ indoor rock climbing wall sits in the corner of our facility, along with our challenging climbing cave and a state-of-the-art treadwall. We have two dance studios, one with wood flooring and one with Marley flooring. We have four all-purpose rooms that are used for lunch, games and extra activities. Our saline filtered and temperature controlled pool provides 2,200 square feet of swimming area and the large canopy protects swimmers from the sun. Sun Country Sports Center lives up to our motto – At the Center of it All.
CAMP SUNNY FIELD TRIPS
Field trips occur on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for grades kindergarten and up. Campers travel to exciting local venues, including: educational sites, parks, businesses, recreation centers and more! All field trips are included FREE for full-day campers, but you must fill out our permission slip in order to attend. Additionally, each child must wear a Camp Sunny Summer Camp t-shirt on each trip. T-shirts can be purchased at the front desk.
CAMP SUNNY SPECIALTY CAMPS
Specialty Camps are for campers grades kindergarten and up and are held from 9:00AM – 12:30PM. If interested, 1/2 day campers may still register for our full day programs when signing up for Specialty Camp.
PLUS – All specialty camps will have a special performance sometime during the week for all to see!
All students get to experience the thrill of gymnastics led by our certified gymnastics instructors. Both girls and boys will learn skills on every event in the gym while also learning the importance of strength and conditioning. All levels are welcome! It will be an action-packed, challenging and fun week in the gym!
TRAMPOLINE AND TUMBLE CAMP
Let’s get ready to tumble! Throughout the week students will be provided with training on trampoline, double-mini trampoline, mini trampoline and our tumble trak systems. Specific training time will be spent on safety, air sense, back and front handsprings, power tumbling and flips. Confidence and technique will be built as we spend extra time working with our Bungee Trampoline System. After this bounding and bountiful week of camp, students will be on their way to becoming bona fide acrobats!
During this week your child will learn cheerleading fundamentals, including: tumbling, jumping, stunting, dancing and motions. Students will spend the week putting together a special ‘mini cheer routine’. Coached by our experienced staff, your child will learn knowledge of the sport as well as the self confidence that comes with performance. Their Sunny spirit is bound to be shining bright by the end of the week!
Your young dancers in training will be introduced to the fundamental types of dance in a fresh and exciting way. Students will learn ballet, jazz/modern and hip-hop from some of the best dance instructors around! Each day will be filled with fun dance classes as well as related educational and creative activities, arts and crafts, videos, and much more. Our themes may vary from year-to-year so that we can continue to provide a variety of dance styles for our students to explore. You won’t want to miss this week dedicated to building students passions for performing arts!
NINJA ZONE CAMP
Our Ninjas will learn to flip, roll, jump and kick as they conquer strength and agility courses. Ninja is inspired from a fusion of disciplines including Obstacle Course Training, Gymnastics, Martial Arts and Street Dance. Ninja will challenge your child to be the best they can be not only at camp but also in every aspect of their lives. The week will be full of super skills, stealth and strength as our ninjas take over the gym!
Observing the gym from new heights, students will get an opportunity to learn and practice specific climbing skills while having fun playing creative games. We will incorporate age appropriate team building skills as climbers grow in strength and confidence. Time will be divided between climbing our 32’ rockwall, the challenging cave and innovative treadwall. All of our students will be masters of the ropes by the end of this rockin’ fun week!
Come cool off from the summer heat in our covered pool! Our comprehensive swimming program will focus on improving your child’s stroke and technique. Students will develop and refine the four competitive strokes (freestyle, butterfly, breaststroke and backstroke) along with their dive entry. All skill levels are welcome to participate, no experience required! Swimmers will enjoy perfecting their skills every day of the week while engaging in fun and challenging pool activities!
Camp Sunny - Summer Camp General Information:
- A weekly schedule of activities is emailed to all registered campers prior to each week.
- Children will be placed into groups according to age and programming needs.
- Athletic attire, shoes and socks required daily. NO sandals or flip-flops.
- Children must be fully potty trained to attend Camp Sunny – Summer Camp.
- Time will be allotted each day for snacks provided by Sun Country.
- Campers should bring a lunch from home or purchase a boxed lunch (not available for Junior campers) at Sun Country Sports. Please alert us to any food allergies your child might have.
- All children must be signed in and out each day. If someone else is picking up your child, his or her name must be included on the Camp Sunny Enrollment Form; they must also bring in a photo ID. If someone comes to pick up your child that is not on the list, you will be called.
- Parents are expected to pick up their children by 12:30pm (half day) or 6:30 pm (full day), unless other arrangements have been made. Please notify us if you are going to be late (late fees may apply)
- If your child has special needs or a medical condition that may affect their behavior, please include that information on this registration form. The director will handle the dispensing of medicine for your child as long as we have a written explanation of times and doses. Do not leave medicine at the front desk or with your child.
- We reserve the right to send your child home if we feel he/she is too sick to remain at Sun Country Sports. Please be considerate and pick your child up in a timely manner.
- Children who are unable to follow directions and/or causing disruptions in their group will be sent home. If you are notified that your child is having discipline problems, please pick them up in a timely manner. Remember, if a counselor has to focus on a disruptive child, everyone else in the group suffers.